About De Pere Rotary
Organized on March 10th, 1926 and chartered by Rotary International on April 28th of that year the De Pere Rotary Club has flourished under the motto of ‘Service Above Self’. De Pere Rotary joined other clubs from the Northern half of Wisconsin and Upper Michigan to form Rotary International District 10 which in later years was to be renamed District 6220.
In 1926 the original 18 individuals who put together the initial De Pere Rotary Club had the foresight to establish an organization based on high moral and ethical values and a firm commitment to give back to the communities in which they lived, while helping to build good will and peace in the world.
From it’s beginning the object of Rotary has been to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and in particular to encourage and foster first the development of acquaintance as service, secondly, high ethical standards in business and professions and the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations and the dignifying by each Rotarian of his or her occupation as an opportunity to serve society, third, the application of ideal of service by every Rotarian to his or her personal, business, and community life and finally,to foster the advancement of international understanding good will and peace through a world fellowship of business and professional members united in service.
Every De Pere Rotarian, past and present, can be proud of the fact that over the years the De Pere Rotary Club has been true to its commitment to give back to the community.